The Opportunity Sous Chef An immediate opportunity exists for a proven restaurant professional with the ability to maintain our high standards of quality and guest satisfaction. We offer great opportunities to build and grow into a professional culinary expert while maintaining friendly and enjoyable work environments.
*The following tasks and responsibilities are under direct supervision of the Executive Chef
* Work directly with and for the Executive Chef to review assignments, anticipated business level, changes and other information pertinent to the jobs performance
*Work with minimal supervision assist with employee training, station shift duties and menu development
* Help train, develop, motivate staff
* Work cohesively with co-workers as a part of a team
* Must be able to assess and solve employee and/or departmental situations
* Work all stations on line
* Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
* Be able to prioritize and organize
* Have a comprehensive knowledge of all unit menu information
* Ability to input and access information in management systems/computers
* Must be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment
* Maintain confidentiality of company information and data
* Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all company policies/serviceprocedures/standards
* Maintain positive guest relations at all times
* Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
* Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and companypolicies
* Ensure that assigned staff has reported to work; document any late or absent employees
* Have a comprehensive working knowledge of company invoice tracking, labortracking, schedule preparation, food cost management, labor cost management, inventory control and hiring/counseling/termination policies
* You may be called upon from time to time to perform other duties that may not beincluded in your job description at management's discretion.
The Requirements:* Certificate or degree in Culinary Arts preferred* Minimum of 3 years of a culinary background, including 2 years High Volume SousChef experience* Must be a self-starter* Must have excellent verbal communication skills and have the ability to work aflexible schedule* Able to speak clearly and listen attentively to supervisors, employees and customers.
* Must be able to communicate and understand employees according to their needs and the needs and goals of the company
* Professional demeanor with the ability to interact with all types of team members
* Have the ability to read and follow written instructions
* Must be able to write legibly as well as read and understand directions and instructions
* Must have good administrative and computer skills* Knowledge of California Cuisine, cooking with fresh, seasonal ingredients (Farm to Table) and know your way around a Farmer’s Market* Impeccable Service Standards, clean work habits with a great attention to detail.* Knowledge of standard kitchen procedures, sanitation practices & protocol* Ability to multitask in a high volume environment while always maintaining a sense of humor and appearing calm* Advanced understanding of knife skills, product identification & cooking techniques* Proven ability to lead a staff and positively influence employee behavior* Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred but not required* Must have current California Food Handler CardWe’re looking for a highly motivated career-focused individual with the ability to exceed our guests’ expectations to become part of the winning team at Marbled, Los Angeles.
All applicants should send a short cover letter introducing themselves, along with a copy of their resume in the body of their email. Photo is optional but not required and can be attached.
• Post ID: 131058923 sanfernandovalley