Responsibility for performing a variety of duties to ensure that children have the best experience possible using the indoor play area. Must be outgoing and enjoy working with children in an unstructured environment as well as with structured activities, such as games, arts & crafts. Maintains control of the indoor play area at all times. Assists with cleaning and sanitizing equipment along with daily inspections of the play area. May be responsible for, or for assisting, with on-site private and off-site catered parties. Work is performed with some independence and innovation in achieving company objectives and in carrying out activities in accordance with established policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Completes a walk through and visual inspection of the play area for safety hazards, trash removal, cleaning or sanitizing equipment prior to opening the play area at the start of every shift.
- During the play session time, will greet children and parents. Responsible for greeting guests ensuring they have the appropriate play area entrance fee ticket and signed off on the play area rules.
- Provide direction to children on the proper and safe use of the structure.
- Develops and maintains a professional relationship with parents/guardians and children by providing personal attention and answer questions about Giggles N’ Hugs programs and membership.
- Monitors the age appropriate areas of the structure and ensures compliance.
- Ensures that all children are wearing socks when using the play area. If they do not have socks, direct parents/guardians to the retail area for purchase,
- Makes visual counts of children on the different levels of the play area structure to monitor safe play and appropriate behavior.
- May need to communicate with parents if a child is not following the rules of the play area.
- May be responsible for, or for assisting with private parties and off-site catered events, including setting up decoration rentals
- Reports all maintenance issues immediately to the Manager. Assists with minor repairs or preventive maintenance on the play area.
- Responsible for wiping down and sanitizing equipment throughout the day.
- Ensures the every child’s safety is a priority. Responds to emergency situations as required and works with management to maintain accurate accident and incident reports.
- Stay current with activities calendars, specials and changes in policies.
- Performs additional related duties as required.
- At least 18 years old.
- Some experience working in a recreation setting or other childcare programs (preferred).
- Must have the ability to work a variety of days and times, including weekends.
- At least a High School Degree or equivalent (preferred).
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States and can provide documentation as such.
- Must pass background/reference checks to determine suitability for the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be upbeat, outgoing, personable, and enjoy working with kids.
- Must be dependable and able to exercise good judgment.
- Must have the ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks.
- Must be able to focus on where children are and what they are doing.
- Ability to follow both verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to concentrate and pay attention to the details.
- May need to respectfully ask disruptive children to leave the play area and diplomatically communicate behavior issues and consequences to parents/guardians.
Physical Requirements: The work requires walking, standing, bending, stooping, fine manipulations, kneeling, pulling, pushing and reaching. Must be able to lift or carry objects up to 50 pounds or work with a team member to move items.
Sensory/Cognitive Requirements: Must have good communication skills, ability to listen and speak clearly. Vision and focus are important to monitor the play area.
• Post ID: 108658308 sanfernandovalley