Position: Night Audit
Department: Front Office
Position Purpose: Provide efficient, courteous and quality service to guests according to company standards and procedures. Timely reporting of all resort revenues and settlements, maintaining associated records and databases. Third shift position.
- Performs front desk responsibilities to include greeting guests, performing guest transactions, answering the telephone, providing wake-up calls, processing individual reservations, balancing credit card and cash transactions, and taking accurate messages for guests and management.
- Responsible for a working knowledge of the property management system (Opera) and all point of sales systems (Opera, Lodgenet, Micros, Protobase).
- Post and verify that room tax have been run on all occupied rooms; check and balance all food and beverage systems.
- Complete all Night Audit procedures such as cash reconciliation and DSTAT.
- Receives and resolves guest’s complaints and provides information within scope of authority.
- Completes shift checklist.
- Monitors front desk areas for safety, security, and appearance and reports any injuries, accidents or problems as necessary.
- Works with housekeeping and maintenance departments to assess room status for cleanliness, maintenance and any repair work.
- Responsible for accurate cash control to include keeping cash drawer at a minimum and ensuring that all funds are accounted for and deposits made according to policy.
- Check arrival details for next day and assign rooms appropriately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Able to work independently, has good judgment, problem solving, and decision-making skills. Organization and time management skills. Service oriented. Good oral and written communication towards guests, supervisors, peers, and/or subordinates. Able to guide, direct, and motivate others.
Education/Experience: High School or equivalent. 6+ months previous work experience in a guest service position required, preferably within the hospitality industry.
• Post ID: 120503163 sanfernandovalley