Position Purpose: Engages and assists guest through all elements of meal service and all of the components involved at the highest level of hospitality. Communicate with guests, general public, management and staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Fully understands all offerings of food menu and beverage list. From the standpoint of ingredients and preparation of the dishes to the delivery and service expected to accompany the dish.
- Delivers all required Standards of Service to the guest (e.g., Sequence of Service, water delivery, proper neat setting and busing/clearing of tables, towels, food running, plate handling, etc.) for both Lobby Bar/Pool and The Front Yard restaurant
- Maintains a neat, clean, organized, safe work environment (includes pool, courtyard and Lobby Bar area)
- Transports and polishes clean wares, utensils, accessories and towels to area needed.
- Must comply with opening and closing as well as on-going side work duties.
- Hand out poolside amenities to guest
- Stock bar with clean glassware and beverages from storeroom
- Direct and consistent communication with the culinary and management team.
- Listens to and resolves customer complaints regarding service, product and personnel.
- Must effectively process service responsibilities from service staff such as Servers and Bartenders
- Meticulously cleans and resets tables and seating during and after meal
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates ability to learn and change behaviors based on feedback by manager.
- Routinely shows up to work in a timely fashion prepared to work.
- One year or more of service in a food driven and high service level establishment preferred.
- Able to learn and retain new menu information on a daily basis in order to effectively articulate to guest.
- Must be proficient in multi-tasking and able to maintain composure in a fast-pace and high service level establishment.
- Able to read, write and speak verbally in English. Excellent communication skills and familiarity with the hospitality industry.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with all department management, staff, personnel and general public.
For more information visit www.thegarland.com
• Post ID: 126479078 sanfernandovalley