A Line Cook is a person who is in charge of preparing the food items in the pantry, fry and/or stations or other areas in the kitchen. He/she is also responsible for cleaning and maintaining the station in practicing good safety, sanitation, and organizational skills. A Line Cook is working as a team member in a dynamic workplace, and to follow all the safety procedures, and must have a high threshold for heat in a kitchen environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Line Cook's responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepares all the food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- He/she also follows recipes, controls, portion, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
- A Line Cook also assumes 100% responsibility for quality of the products that is served.
- He/she is also responsible for performing other related duties as assigned by the manager.
- Following proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes is also done by a Line Cook.
- He/she is also tasked to track and report any food waste.
- A Line Cook must also handle, store and rotate all the products properly.
- All Line Cooks are assigned to prepare dishes for costumers with food allergies or intolerances.
- Ensure that all practices are health-code compliant and address any and all issues; communicate immediately to KM and/or GM
- Collaborate with KM regarding cleaning and repair/maintenance issues
- Demonstrate a positive, consistent supervisory style
- Other projects and tasks deemed necessary by Management/Ownership
- A minimum of two to three years culinary/line cook experience in a full service restaurant that consists of dine-in, take-out and catering orders
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Current ServeSafe Certification (preferred) or other accredited Food Handler Certification
- Very good communication skills: Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- As with any kitchen environment, the ability to work varied hours in a fast-paced and high energy is essential.
- Extremely organized and can pay extremely close attention to detail
- Highly energetic, self-motivated, goal oriented and dependable
- High personal integrity, professionalism and maturity; lead by example, take accountability and achieve desired results
- Passionate commitment to food quality and guest service
- Conscientious attention to detail and follow-up
- Work effectively with the entire management team
- Ability to stand and walk for up to 8-10 hours each shift
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to bend, stoop, and raise arms above head
• Post ID: 133438598 sanfernandovalley