Host/Hostess engages guest upon arrival/departure, ensuring an effective flow of seating/service and all of the components involved at the highest level of hospitality.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide positive first and last impression of guests when entering and leaving the restaurant/lounge.
- Consistently deliver on Standards of Service (e.g. Sequence of Service, proper phone etiquette and verbiage, proper greeting and farewell to guests, etc.)
- Manage distribution of seat covers to service staff both fairly and effectively to ensure flow of restaurant to prevent any delayed service.
- Effectively manage guest reservations via all channels to best suit flow of business for restaurant efficiency and to maintain the highest level of service.
- Fully understands and can guide guests through the food menu and beverage list. From the standpoint of ingredients and preparation of the dishes to the delivery and service expected to accompany the dish.
- Maintains a neat, clean, organized, and safe work environment.
- Manage seating of guests to effectively keep kitchen organized and timed correctly.
- Actively collects guest information and maintains guest preference log.
- Must comply with opening and closing as well as on-going side work duties.
- Direct and provide consistent communication with the culinary, service staff, and management team.
- Listens to and resolves customer complaints regarding service, product and personnel involving/notifying management
- Meticulously cleans and organizes host stand
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates ability to learn and change behaviors based on feedback by manager.
- Routinely shows up to work in a timely fashion prepared to work.
- One year or more of service in a food driven and high service level establishment preferred.
- Proficient in Micros and Open Table preferred.
- Able to speak proficiently about seasonal food ingredients while passionately guiding guests through a menu.
- Able to learn and retain new menu information on a daily basis in order to effectively articulate to guest.
- Able to speak proficiently about overall taste and composition of all spirits, beer and wine.
- Able to read, write and speak verbally in English. Excellent communication skills and familiarity with the hospitality industry.
- Able to establish and maintain an effective relationship with all department management, staff, personnel and general public.
• Post ID: 114416803 sanfernandovalley