Position Purpose: Oversees guest engagement (including arrival/departure) ensuring an effective flow of seating/service and all of the components involved at the highest level of hospitality. Manages Host team ensuring expected standards and sequence of service adhered to throughout their shift. Effectively handling guests’ complaints, and passing on information needed to ensure communication with all departments
Essential Job Functions:
• Ensures that operating standards are met and ensures that the established service sequence is adhered to
• Ensures Host team provides positive first and last impression of guests when entering and leaving the restaurant
• Fosters, creates, maintains relationships with VIP hotel guests and VIP local residents
• Consistently delivers on Standards of Service (e.g. Sequence of Service, proper phone etiquette and verbiage, proper greeting and farewell to guests, etc.) and ensure Host team adheres to same
• Manage distribution of seat covers to service staff both fairly and effectively to ensure flow of restaurant to prevent any delayed service.
• Effectively manage guest reservations via all channels to best suit flow of business for restaurant efficiency and to maintain the highest level of service.
• Assist with hiring and development of the host team
• Assists to conduct performance evaluations of F&B staff
• Documents and records host team coach and counseling and training
• Create and maintain on-going training standards for host team to ensure standards are being met
• Fully understands and can guide guests through the food menu and beverage list from the standpoint of ingredients and preparation of the dishes to the delivery and service expected to accompany the dish.
• Interact positively with customers promoting hotel facilities and services. Resolve problems to the satisfaction of involved parties
• Ensures a neat, clean, organized, and safe work environment.
• Manage seating of guests to effectively keep kitchen organized and timed correctly.
• Has thorough menu and F&B product knowledge
• Maintains a high profile in the operation
• Sets up and maintains Open Table/reservation systems
• Conducts daily walk through of the area of responsibility
• Conducts daily pre-shift meetings
• Actively collects guest information and maintains guest preference log.
• Provides consistent communication with the host team, service staff, and rest of management team.
• Listens to and resolves customer complaints regarding service, product and personnel involving/notifying management
• Ensures host stand is meticulously clean and organized
• To ensure that all employees provide courteous and professional service at all times.
• Maintains a positive and outgoing attitude on the job.
• Build and maintain good working relationships with associates
• Has a complete understanding of the Hotel’s/Company’s employee handbook and to adhere to its’ rules and regulations.
• Maintains a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times by adhering to the Grooming Policy.
• Demonstrates ability to learn and change behaviors based on feedback by manager.
• Routinely shows up to work in a timely fashion prepared to work.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• At least one year of F&B management/supervisory experience, preferably in a food driven and high service level establishment preferred.
• Proficient in Micros and Open Table preferred.
• Able to speak proficiently about seasonal food ingredients while passionately guiding guests through a menu.
• Comprehensive knowledge of all spirits to include small batch vodka, gin, bourbon, whiskey, tequila, aperitifs, cordials, and Scottish whiskey.
• Comprehensive knowledge of beer to include production, styles, and California microbrews.
• Able to learn and retain new menu information on a daily basis in order to effectively articulate to guest.
• Able to speak proficiently about overall taste and composition of all spirits, beer and wine.
• Able to read, write and speak verbally in English. Excellent communication skills and familiarity with the hospitality industry.
• Able to establish and maintain an effective relationship with all department management, staff, personnel and general public.
This position reports to the Senior F&B Managers and Director of Food and Beverage
• Post ID: 131217593 sanfernandovalley