The Ambulatory Surgery Division operates over 100 ambulatory surgery centers’ across the U.S. Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs) perform surgeries that do not require hospital admission. They provide cost-effective services and a convenient environment. Procedures are performed in a fully equipped operating room and recovery is under the care of highly skilled nurses. Whether young or old or somewhere in between, patients and their families benefit from the comfortable environment ASCs have to offer. Surgeries performed include eye, ear, nose and throat (ENT), general surgery, gynecologic, plastic surgery, podiatry and orthopedics. Apply Now! Come Join our Team!
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Contributes to the company’s mission and vision by managing all aspects of environmental control, clinical staff, materials and equipment, and education of personnel. Responsible for ongoing analysis and evaluation of nursing services rendered to improve clinical outcomes. Plans and directs the delivery of safe, effective nursing care until the patient is discharged. The clinical director ensures that nursing care meets the standards of the profession, the policies and procedures of the Center, and is appropriate to the Center’s patient population to identify patient and family needs. The director will demonstrate leadership by working collaboratively to promote quality customer service and patient satisfaction.
SUPERVISOR – Center Administrator
SUPERVISES – All Clinical Areas
OPERATIONAL DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Directs and supervises all areas of nursing care.
• Establishes and maintains an effective and supportive working relationship with the Medical Director.
• Ensures that the day-to-day operations are conducted in accordance with clinical practice standards and the policies/procedures of the Center.
• Keeps Facility Administrator abreast of clinical activities.
• Provides leadership for staff, promotes an environment in which all team members can work cooperatively.
• Oversees and/or administers staff scheduling and productivity, as required per facility practice.
• Coordinates staff assignments with charge nurse for patient care based on patient needs and abilities of the staff.
• Participates in the monitoring and evaluation of nursing care provided.
• Direct and provide for patient care in emergency situations.
• Maintain a high level of personal service to physicians and their patients.
• Effectively recruits and hires quality staff to ensure adequate staffing at all times.
• Administers effective employee performance management through continuous coaching and development.
• Administers appropriate corrective action in timely manner to address behavior/performance matters in accordance with policy and procedure.
• Understands and assists with implementing and maintaining personnel policies, employee benefit package, wage and salary program, and appropriate job descriptions that have approval by the Governing Body.
• Establish appropriate lines of communication, authority, and accountability as directed for the clinical operations.
• Attends and participate in MEC and Governing Body meetings.
• Understands regulatory standards (AAAHC, CMS, and OSHA) and assist in preparation for and compliance with regulatory agency inspections/audits.
• Conduct staff meetings at regular intervals for informative and educational purposes.
• Ensure the maintenance of equipment used in surgery and any ancillary equipment is done regularly and according to regulatory and/or accreditation standards.
• Implement Best Practices and follow-up.
• Assists with facility marketing efforts.
• Assists with implementing on-going risk management program.
• Completes variance reports as necessary.
• Supervises and participates in inventory count, as required per facility practice.
• Assist in annual budget preparation and evaluation of proposed new equipment.
• Uses facility resources appropriately and avoids wasteful practices.
• Attends all mandatory in-services, facility staff meetings and participates in emergency drills.
• Orientates and trains new employees.
• Completes annual competency and other required education as assigned.
• Maintains confidentiality and security of records and patient information at all times.
• Perform all duties and responsibilities timely and effectively in accordance with established company policies to achieve overall ASD objectives.
• Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
• Acts as Administrator Designee in Administrator’s absence.
• While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current Position, it is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. Management reserves the right to revise the Position or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances warrant (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel or staffing, workload, rush jobs, or technical developments).
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=07825-2681&lang=en
• Post ID: 109043488 sanfernandovalley