- Ensure the effective operation of client networks through their lifecycle and architectural development.
- Responsible for network engineering, design, delivery and operations to include wireless services.
- Perform installation and configurations of HP, Aruba, and Cisco technologies.
- Manage network projects through all stages, including:
- Defining/gathering requirements
- Drafting/ presenting technical proposals
- Weighing risks and rewards against value and costs
- Deployment and maintenance of solutions.
- Strategically influence and lead change within the client’s IT organization.
- Articulate solutions to diverse audiences - PMs, line managers, business stakeholders and engineers.
- Coordinate with project management and engineering on major systems events such as application upgrades, launches, load tests and deployments.
- Develop all related documentation, test cases and execution plans.
- Understand and effectively communicate the impact of technical decisions on the business
- Prepare technical reports, client presentations, design documentation, and manuals.
- Monitors, analyzes, troubleshoots, and evaluates network related problems.
- Manages the performance and optimization of networks and systems.
- Responsible for problem tracking and incident management coordinating with all responsible parties to resolve network or system incidents
- BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of low level architectural design, deployment, implementation, and integration of enterprise communications network infrastructure for organization.
- Willingness to work from client site up to 90% of the time.
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Six or moreyears of network engineering and operations experience for complex enterprise managed networks.
- Tier III/IV network experience supporting aHP Routing & Switching. Additional Aruba Wireless environment and/or Cisco experience.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to accurately represent and convey information both in verbal and written form.
- Strong network operation experience to include, but not limited to:
- Network Monitoring
- Network Maintenance
- Incident management (reporting and resolution)
- Change management
- Strong technical knowledge of the following infrastructure technologies, protocols and methodologies:
- Network Protocols: HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, VPN, TCP/IP, FTP, TFTP, SMTP, OSI Model, IEEE Standards, QoS, VoIP, OSPF, MPLS, ACL’s, BGP /e-BGP, Spanning Tree, Policy Based and Static routing, Fiber Channel over Ethernet, Virtual Device Contexts & Port Channels
- Hardware: HP 3500, 5400, 5800, 6400, and 12518 switches, Palo Alto, Cisco routing and switching devices, Wireless, Aruba - IAP 214, IAP 215 and 3600, 6000, and HP 870 controllers
- Network Management Systems: HP Network Node Manager and Service Manager, Aruba AIRWAVE
- Previous project management experience producing associated deliverables or an understanding of project management processes and principles.
- Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills with the ability to drive solutions to IT operational issues.
- Ability to host and facilitate meetings attended by client peers and managers.
- Ability to multi-task and be aware of several simultaneous work streams.
- Ability to periodically work overtime and off hours (nights and/or weekends) as needed to support client systems.
- Networking: Cisco (CCNA or CCDA); HP (ASE)
- Wireless: Aruba - Aruba Certified Mobility Associate (ACMA)
- Delivery: ITIL Foundation v3
Verizon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6417599-principal-engineer
• Post ID: 106277943 sanfernandovalley