Responsible for preparation and storage of all specimens and necessary documentation. Prepares stains and slides for reading by cytotechnologist or review by pathologist. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Prepare and maintain reagents and equipment.
2. Prepare slides and reports in a timely fashion, ensuring Q. C. are met.
3. Maintain procedures and records to meet all regulatory standards. 4. Perform other duties as necessary for efficient operation of the department
5. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
6. Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
7. Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
8. Attends inservice presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
9. Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
10. Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
11. Other duties as assigned
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=01554-3758&lang=en