Tax Preparer Job Overview:
Tax preparation, accounting, and bookkeeping firm in Burbank, CA seeking a full-time tax preparer. We ensure our clients fast, accurate, professional services, the best possible outcome for the tax challenges they face or the ongoing services they need. Our firm forges long term relationships with our clients by blending tax services, expert accounting, strategic tax planning consultations, and excellent customer service. Responsibilities include tax preparation, financial accounting and reporting, some bookkeeping, and client experience management. You will be the final authority on tax preparation so you must be experienced enough to handle all kinds of returns for individuals, corporations, LLCs, and partnerships for federal, state, and local jurisdictions. Must have excellent communication skills as we have developed a large client based by putting customer service above everything. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and an opportunity for growth.
We are looking for someone to start IMMEDIATELY!
We are flexible and willing to consider part-time and full-time candidates. As well as those who would like to combine their own book of business in exchange for profit sharing.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure our clients receive fast, accurate, professional services, ensuring the best possible outcome for the tax challenges they face or the ongoing services they need.
- Communicate and meet with clients regarding their taxes. Most clients will meet with you for an “interview” before you file their taxes. A smaller percentage of the clients will just drop off paperwork and you will handle preparing the return without an interview.
- Prepare individual and business tax returns.
- Prepare financial statements and other documents for clients, especially our business clients.
- Prepare W-2s and 1099s for clients.
- Supervise other employees who provide other services to our business clients,such as bookkeeping, payroll taxes, sales taxes, etc.
- Provide tax planning services.
- Provide audit support.
- Respond to notices from tax authorities.
- Keep up to date on federal, state, and county tax laws.
- Working knowledge and proficiency of Lacerte is preferred, not required
- Must have strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and Word, as well as email
- Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as client meetings are vital to the job
- Ability to maintain the strictest confidentiality
- Dedicated and motivated - there is major potential for growth and potential ownership in the business
- Maturity, professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Strong problem solver with the ability to think critically, gather data, and analyze information to provide solutions
- Willingness to tackle unfamiliar tasks
- Ability to multi-task, shift gears quickly, organize efficiently, and meet deadlines
- At least 3 years’ experience finalizing complex returns (not just working at a tax preparation office, but actually preparing and finalizing returns without supervision or review by superiors)
- Preferred: at least 5 years finalizing returns
- Experience with individual, corporation, LLC, and partnership tax returns
- Some experience or the ability to learn how to file multistate tax returns
Education & Certification/Licensure Required:
- BA/BS in finance, business, accounting or related fields OR equivalent work experience
- CPA or EA preferred, but will accept CTEC or H&R Block Tax Certification if you have sufficient experience and demonstrated ability
- Bilingual - English & Armenian - ability to listen, understand, and communicate in both is REQUIRED.
- Ability to also speak Farsi is a plus but not required.
- This year: we are in a bit of a unique situation where we have many clients’ tax returns on extension, so the next few months would likely required around 50-70 hour weeks.
- Typical year: only tax season (January-April) would require around 50-70 hour weeks and the off-season would be a much more flexible ~35-45 hours/week depending other deadlines (quarterly sales tax, payroll, etc.).
- We may also be willing to consider a part-time candidate with the right experience in a few circumstances.
- Depends on experience
- Willing to consider salary (with potential bonuses for meeting quotas) or profit-sharing
- We are also willing to consider combining businesses with shared profits or new business referral bonus if you have a decent-sized client base/book of business.
Some of our benefits include:
- Free parking
- Health insurance allowance (full-time only)
- Will likely be a year-round position
- Professional dues (full-time only)
- Resume with:
- Salary history for at least the last few jobs or years,
- Salary range expectations, and
- Any relevant software you used at your current and past positions
- A brief cover letter explaining whether you are looking to be hired as an employee, combining businesses, a detailed explanation of your tax preparation experience, etc.
- List of references
• Post ID: 113750073 sanfernandovalley