About the Job
Posada and Associates is seeking a Tax Accountant to join our team. We have over 30 years of taxation and financial planning experience and are located on Ventura Blvd. in Sherman Oaks, California. Our business focus is on delivering professional and proactive tax and financial planning services to each of our clients. We seek a highly-motivated candidate looking to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment and to grow with the firm. Our aim is to develop each professional into a solid tax and financial planning advisor that will work to strengthen our existing client relationships and help manage new business.
- · Assume tax preparation responsibility for individual tax returns
- · Prepare 1099-MISCs, business licenses, and payroll returns
- · Assist in quarterly income tax planning for individuals and pass-thru business entities
- · Prepare and assist in the preparation of S-corporation, LLC, trust, gift and estate tax returns
- · Identify and resolve basic tax issues
- · Perform tax research projects accurately and efficiently
- · Communicate clearly and succinctly with clients via telephone and email
- · Maintain continuing education requirements focusing on specific areas of taxation and planning that are of particular interest in you
- · Be proactive in helping the firm become more efficient in all areas
- · Show initiative, self-monitor client projects/tax deadlines, and work as a team player at all levels
Candidate Education and Experience Requirements:
- · Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- · Licensed CPA or licensure in process is required
- · 1-5 years of prior work experience with a public accounting firm in taxation is preferred
- · Must be capable of adapting to detail-oriented work-paper technique
- · Demonstrate desire to develop knowledge and proficiency in technical income tax areas focused on high net worth individuals and families, LLCs, S-corporation, Trust, Gift and Estate (Forms 1041 and 706).
- · Experience with tax preparation and research software including Lacerte, CCH and BNA tax research, and BNA Income Tax Forecasting software is a plus
- · Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products including Word and Excel is required
- · Overtime during various income tax deadlines is essential. Due to the seasonal nature of our business, this may include Saturdays and Sundays during busy seasons which run from mid-January to mid-April, August to mid-October, and December.
Salary is based on level of experience. We offer health insurance, HRA, life insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation, comp time for all overtime worked, reduced hours during non-busy season periods depending on workload, continuing education and other small business benefits.
If you are serious about developing your career as a well-rounded tax advisor, please email your resume to: admin@PosadaCPAs.com
• Post ID: 147958382 sanfernandovalley