West Hills Hospital & Medical Center is a full-service acute care facility located in West Hills, CA, in the Western San Fernando Valley. The 225-bed facility recently completed an $80-million expansion that includes a new Emergency Department, Intensive Care Unit, Outpatient Services Unit, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, and The Grossman Burn Center. Healthgrades (a leading independent health care rating company) announced that West Hills Hospital has received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence for 2011 & 2012, the Clinical Excellence Award for Critical Care for 2012. West Hills Hospital is also among the Top 100 Hospitals nationwide for Gastrointestinal and General Surgery. West Hills Hospital was the first Accredited Chest Pain Center in Los Angeles County, and also recently received a Certificate of Distinction as a Primary Stroke Center from the Joint Commission.
The Staff Accountant, under the supervision of the Controller, is primarily responsible for the accounts payable functions and various accounting duties as assigned.
* Assist with the processing of accounts payable invoices – i.e. properly code invoices to appropriate expense accounts; verify appropriate approvals; processing manual checks.
* Process physician indigent claims and related check requests.
* Assist with month end close process – i.e. preparing and posting accruals and other journal entries.
* Preparing balance sheet account reconciliations and financial analyses.
* Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls by following policies and procedures; complying with company policies, as well as federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
* Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. The employee is expected to work in other areas of the accounting department when needed to assist operations.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=01554-3686&lang=en
• Post ID: 109042208 sanfernandovalley